Our Voter Guide for New Jersey Congressional District 7 is out! This race is one to watch!
We are fundraising to publish this Voter Guide as a half-page signature ad in regional newspapers. Click here to donate to help us get the word out about these candidates' responses, and to really insert peace issues into this election! Anyone who donates will have their name listed on the ad in the newspaper.
Click here for the PDF, and see image below. Keep scrolling to see more Voter Guides from across the region.
Click here for the PDF of our Pennsylvania Congressional District 6 Voter Guide, and see image below.
Click here for the PDF of our NJ Congressional District 4 Voter Guide, and scroll down to see image below.
Click here for the PDF of our PA Congressional District 2 Voter Guide, and scroll down to see image below.
Keep scrolling to read more about our 2018 Peace Voter Campaign.
Chrissy Houlahan, whom we briefed on August 6th, was just featured in the New York Times!
See excerpt below and click here for full article.
"Usually you only get to dream about a candidate like Chrissy Houlahan. People in the Philadelphia suburbs actually get to vote for her.
She’s brainy: a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering from Stanford, a master’s in technology and policy from M.I.T. She’s bold: service in the U.S. Air Force. She has entrepreneurial bona fides from her years as the chief operating officer of an athletic wear company but also had a top job for a group promoting childhood literacy. She’s a wife and mother, with two grown daughters.
So why, at 51, has she set her sights on the House of Representatives, when she never ran for any office before?
The answer is Nov. 8, 2016. To vote for Hillary Clinton, she put on a pantsuit. Her gay daughter wore all white, honoring suffragists. That night they broke out the Champagne. “I thought that history would be made,” Houlahan recalled.
When it wasn’t, her father, a Holocaust survivor, cried, fearing what Donald Trump’s victory could mean for the vulnerable and the powerless. Her daughter panicked about L.G.B.T. people. “Unnerving,” Houlahan called it, and her response was “to be part of the solution.” She has since raised about $3 million and emerged as one of the Democratic Party’s best bets to turn a red seat blue."
As the first part of CFPA's Peace Voter campaign, we invite major party candidates from key districts to attend a briefing on our issues. At the 90-minute briefings, a delegation of experts and organizational leaders discusses the basics of Diplomacy, Not War with North Korea & Iran, nuclear modernization, gun violence prevention, a peace economy, and the crises in Yemen and Syria.
After the briefing, the candidate recieves our Peace Voter Candidate Questionnaire. Once they return the questionnaire, CFPA publishes the results comparing the candidates' answers.
NJ Congressional District 7
- On Friday, October 18, CFPA's delegation held a candidate briefing with Tom Malinowski, via conference call.
NJ Congressional District 2
- On Wednesday, September 12, CFPA's delegation held a candidate briefing with State Senator Jeff Van Drew, via conference call.
PA Congressional District 6
- On Monday, August 6, the Coalition for Peace Action held a briefing with Chrissy Houlahan in Philadelphia.
PA Congressional District 2
- On Monday, August 6, the Coalition for Peace Action held a briefing with David Torres in Philadelphia.
NJ Congressional District 4
- CFPA held a briefing with Josh Welle via conference call, in two parts: on Tuesday, August 7, and Friday, September 14.
Read about and see photos from our primary campaign activities below.
Primaries: NJ District 2 and PA District 1
NJ Congressional District 2
(See Peace Voter Guide from the primary by clicking here)
- On Thursday, April 12, CFPA's delegation of experts and organizational leaders met with Tanzie Youngblood.
- On Wednesday, March 7, CFPA's delegation of experts and organizational leaders met with Will Cunningham via conference call.
- On Thursday, March 8, CFPA's delegation of experts and organizational leaders met with Sean A. Thom.
PA Congressional District 1
- On Monday, April 30, CFPA's delegation of experts and organizational leaders met with Representative Brian Fitzpatrick
- On Tuesday, April 10, CFPA's delegation of experts and organizational leaders met with Steve Bacher