Right now, we have a unique opportunity to promote peace in Congress.
House and Senate negotiators are working on a final policy bill that will direct the Pentagon’s efforts over the next year. We need to urge our Senators and Representatives to ensure the final bill contains key peace provisions!
Click here to email your legislators, to encourage them to fight for these amendments.
There are 6 provisions that we are especially focused on:
1) To prohibit funds for an attack against Iran without specific authorization from Congress
2) To prohibit U.S. support of and participation in the Saudi-led war in Yemen
3) To repeal the 2002 authorization for war in Iraq
4) To prohibit deploying lower-yield nuclear weapons
5) To express the sense of Congress that the United States should seek to extend the New START Treaty
6) To prohibit funding for new INF-type missiles until pragmatic diplomatic and strategic planning steps are taken