This is all thanks to the efforts of passionate advocates like you; and of many organizations, including CFPA. CFPA is proud to be continuing and expanding our pioneering No Wars, No Warming Campaign that we initiated in conjunction with the massive 2015 Peoples' Climate March in NYC.
While we celebrate this victory, let’s not forget there’s more to be done.
Specifically, CFPA has been following closely the proposed LNG export terminal in Gibbstown, NJ. Click here to view a presentation and discussion about the project, from CFPA's event on 2/20.
- There's a proposal to build a new port on the Delaware River, and use it to store and transport liquefied natural gas (LNG), most likely to be brought in by freight rail cars across Pennsylvania and then shipped out.
- This project continues support for fracking and the fossil fuel industry. Additionally, LNG production and transport involves mass emissions of methane and CO2.
- It also exposes communities (many of which are already marginalized) along the transport route to highly risky "bomb trains" and potentially explosive boats.
- Click here to send a quick email to Governor Wolf of Pennsylvania and Governor Murphy of New Jersey, thanking them for their good votes on the fracking ban and urging them to step up opposition to fracking and the Gibbstown project. Once you input your address, you'll send the appropriate message (pre-written) to your state's governor.
- Sign on letter from organizations to President Biden for a stop to all LNG exports across the nation
- Petition for individuals to sign for a stop to all LNG exports across the nation